Why join VDDS?
– Be part of a vibrant community that continues to be relevant after 110 years!
– Consistent excellent quality dental continuing education
– Social opportunities to connect with your colleagues
– Complimentary special events offered by our Sponsors to our membership throughout the season
– Unique travel opportunities with a CE component (non-members pay an additional fee for onboard CE)
– Prime seating for theatre events taking place in Vancouver
– Full paying Gold Members may bring a staff member to any of our CE events at no extra charge (lunch a la carte)
New and Recent Grads – Why join VDDS?
Enjoy a Gold Membership at a special annual rate of $505 for the first three years out of dental school. (Includes all benefits except this special offer does not include bringing a staff member to our CE events)
Does my membership include lunch at the lectures?
Gold and Bronze Memberships include all meals. Silver Membership includes all lectures but no meals, though you can purchase an a la carte lunch ticket that day.
What is the difference between a Gold and Bronze Membership?
Both Gold and Bronze Memberships include lunch. A Gold Membership includes all lectures. A Bronze Membership is for those members who cannot attend all lectures. You get three lectures for the price of two with the option of purchasing a fourth lecture at a reduced fee.
What are Associate and Retired Associate Memberships?
Associate Membership is available to dentists who do not live or practice in the lower mainland of BC. A Retired Associate Member must have a non-practising license or otherwise be retired from dentistry.
Where does VDDS hold their CE lectures?
VDDS strives to hold all CE sessions in Vancouver’s downtown core providing easy accessibility. We encourage the use of rapid transit. Preferred lecture locations are the Fairmont Pacific Rim and the Fairmont Waterfront.
How many credits of dental CE are required in BC?
90 hours of dental CE are required within a three year period for all BC dentists.
Does VDDS do credit reporting to the College of Dental Surgeons of BC?
VDDS no longer does credit reporting for you to the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. It is up to each practitioner to submit his/her credits online at CDSBC.
What about credit reporting for out of province dentists?
Upon request, VDDS will issue CE confirmation letters in PDF format via email for any out of province dentists.
Are your Special Events tax deductible?
Please contact your business accountant for any advice regarding tax deductions.
Do VDDS Travel opportunities include dental CE?
All VDDS travel opportunities include dental CE. This may be in the form of a lecture presentation, a site visit or and/or a manufacturer’s tour.